Pages

Thursday 24 October 2019

E-asttle Practice Writing - Persuasive

I am aiming to improve my writing in the following 3 areas: Organisation, punctuation and spelling.

I will do this by: I will reorganise my work into paragraphs instead of a big grouping of words. I will add more vocabulary such as " ! ? to improve my writing. I will also try to add in better, harder to spell words to make my writing a higher level.

Essay:
Motorsport encourages road users to drive dangerously. I disagree with this statement. Do you agree with my point of view? Motorsport is a form of entertainment that, I do have to agree, can be dangerous but most of the time drivers know what to do with their vehicles so that everyone else is safe.

I do not think that motorsport encourages people to drive dangerously because not all dangerous drivers watch motorsport. Motorsport is a professional sport which takes many years to master so you can drive/ride your vehicle to the best of your ability.

Motorsport does not encourage dangerous driving because people can learn their driving skills from family and friends when they watch them drive. Most motorsports are teaching people to drive because of the ways that you have to drive vehicles. It has been proven that race car drivers are more cautious on the road. With the way that you have to drive a race car, you are always checking your surroundings to make sure that if you have an opportunity to defend or gain a position so it teaches you that we need to watch how we drive.

People do not learn dangerous driving from motorsport because when you watch motorsport people have to make sure they do not hit another driver or car because each driver has a set of rules they must follow or they can be penalised. With the rules for some motorsport classes, they do not allow contact between cars so each driver must make accurate, pin-point moves to ensure that they do not lose positions or gain a penalty. A penalty in motorsport is like a ticket on the street because if you get a penalty for contact you could lose your position or even get a fine. Drivers in motorsport have to be very careful with the way they place their car/vehicle just like on a road every driver must be aware of their surroundings so that you do not hit another vehicle. Some people may watch some forms of motorsport such as Derbys and say "This encourages people to drive dangerously so they can keep to the rules" but that is the only time those people will drive like that. Some forms of motorsport hate the idea of dangerously driving so at some points you can get banned from the track.

So this proves that motorsport does not encourage people to drive dangerously. I race a car and I feel safer in my race car the I do in a traffic jam mainly because people at the track keep themselves at a safe distance but on the road, some people drive erratically behind me or in front of me.

Key:
Organization: I have made my work go from a big blob of work into an organized, paragraphed essay.
Punctuation: I have highlighted the added speak marks that I have used.
Spelling: I could not find any hard words to add to my work.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.